Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Debutant's Ball

I had my first cricket dream the other night. 

I was a batsman for New Zealand (I support Australia, of course, but I was playing for New Zealand in my dream...go figure).  I was making my test debut, coming in to bat.  I got bowled first ball.  Even in my dreams I suck balls at cricket.



In my few months watching cricket, I have found the debuting of a player exciting.  I was very excited to see Usman Khawaja bat for the first time.  And I'm going to enjoy watching him (hopefully) mature in a great test batsman.

After reading article and looking at the stats of Trent Copeland, I was super excited for him.  And Nathan Lyon.  And Shaun Marsh.  And all 3 have looked more than capable.

Obviously seeing too many players make their debut in a short time wouldn't be that good, but adding new blood into the fold and watching them try and make an impact, and then seeing them succeed, brings a smile to my face.

I look forward to watching Usman, Trent, Nathan, Shaun, and any other player making their way up in the sport.  I want to see how Junaid Khan develops for Pakistan.  I want to watch Kirk Edwards continue playing for the West Indies.  Not really you though, Michael Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment