Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some Stray Thoughts on the Past Few Weeks

I've been a tad bit busy and haven't really had time to talk things

First off, what else is there to say about Alastair Cook?  Not much really.  So let's move on.



It is quite amazing that the number #1 test team (now former) in the world loses one player, and becomes shit.  Would Zaheer playing change the beatdown that this has been? It might not be as lopsided, but I think England would still win.  But what on earth.

Ok, I can't talk about that series anymore.

Not totally impressed by the scorecards from the Twenty20 portion of the Australia tour of Sri Lanka.  Specifically the apparent captaincy of Cam White.  These matches are on a bit of an odd time for me, and I couldn't catch either Twenty20.  Not using the last over of O'Keefe and not using David Hussey at all, is strange to me.  All props to Dilshan, but....eh.  This could very well be because of my undying love for Tim Paine, though.

Meanwhile, I'm quite enjoying the captaincy of Michael Clarke.  Again, I haven't caught any of these 3 matches, but judging from the over-by-over stuff on Cricinfo, I'm liking what I'm reading.  I can't wait to see the tests. Although Michael Beer's figures against the emerging Indian player teams is a wee bit frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment