Sunday, July 17, 2011

Amped Up

For as much as I loved watching the Ashes, it was probably a little too early in my cricket-watching career to fully understand the meaning of the occasion.

Sure I knew that The Ashes is/are (I have no idea whether 'The Ashes' is supposed to be singular or plural.)  one of the most prestigious prizes in the sport.  And for as much as I enjoyed watching them, the way England dominated the series as much as they did, sort of made me take it for granted.




After The Ashes came the New Zealand-Pakistan series was fun, but I only watched one session of that series.  Then came the World Cup which I loved.  And the West Indies-Pakistan series which I enjoyed.  England-Sri Lanka was sort of ruined by the rain, and West Indies-India, sort of seemed like it was missing something.

But in a few days we get to see India take on England. 

Those are probably the two teams I dislike the most, but I don't care because its going to be awesome.

Two of the top 3 (and possibly the 2 best) test teams playing each other.

20 days of top notch cricket featuring some of the best in the world.

And some great subplots.

Can Sachin gets his 100th century?

How will Strauss deal with Zaheer Khan?

Can India win without Sehwag?

Will Bresnan get a run-out, and can India deal with him, or spend the whole time laughing at him for looking like a badger?

I'm not sure, but I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment