Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ROBOTS!

First off, if anyone missed me writing this (although I can't imagine anyone did), sorry, I'm a lazy fuck.

A bunch of stuff has happened since I last posted.  England and Sri Lanka drew the third test and started playing their 157,561 match ODI series.  India beat West Indies in their 157,561 match ODI series, and then won the first test between the two.  Chris Gayle got a....interesting....haircut.

And the ICC almost did something good.



I am of the opinion that the referral system is absolutely needed.

I'm glad to see that Snicko and HotSpot are going to be used in all matches now, but I don't think that it goes far enough.

When I first started watching cricket, LBWs seemed a tad arbitrary.  At this point, I realize they're not, but they still seem pretty difficult to have to make a split second decision on.  Which is why I'm disappointed that HawkEye isn't mandatory.

I totally understand the cost considerations, but the main opponent is India, I'm pretty sure they have the money.

I come from an American sports background, where replay has been embraced, and I don't see any reason not to have it.

I don't care if it's not 100% accurate, it's better than the umpires.

ROBOTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment