Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Delayed Thoughts on England-Sri Lanka

I don't quite know what it is, but there is something oddly beautiful about a batting collapse.



I didn't get a chance to watch the final day of the first England-Sri Lanka test in Cardiff, as I doing yard work, but was of course following along via Cricinfo from my phone.

As I wrote the day before, I fully expected this to be a draw.  Well. Ooops.

While, I was rooting for Sri Lanka, by the time they got 5 wickets down, I kind of wanted to see England bowl them out.  Considering the way England got out the top order of SL with just 3 actual bowlers, I'm not sure it would've been a fair representation to see SL bat out a draw.

If anything, this match shows just how amazingly and fastly a cricket match can flip.  It's something that I first realized during the England-India World Cup match, and this only proved it more.

As meh as the first four days of that match were, the fifth one made it worth it.

Man, this sport is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. While, I was rooting for Sri Lanka, by the time they got 5 wickets down, I kind of wanted to see England bowl them out. Considering the way England got out the top order of SL with just 3 actual bowlers, I'm not sure it would've been a fair representation to see SL bat out a draw.Cricket

    ReplyDelete