Sunday, May 29, 2011

Testing Patience

I've already wrote of my great love for test matches.  But sometimes they can be quite strange.



At this point, I would bet a large amount of money that the first test between England and Sri Lanka will end in a draw.  Of course, Sri Lanka  could collapse like a tent in a hurricane, but I can't see an order featuring Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, and Tillakaratne Dilshan doing that.

To a new person learning the sport, two teams playing for five days, and in the end neither team winning, seems crazy.  And, yeah...it kind of is.  But it's more than okay for me.

Hell, the first match I ever watched ended in a draw, but I stuck around. 

Test cricket is a game of strategy, and I guess I've always understood, that a draw has to be a part of that strategy.

I'd prefer to see every test end with a result, but one ending a draw just adds to the awesomeness of cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment