Monday, May 23, 2011

Thoughts on West Indies-Pakistan

I felt like I needed to write something about the second test between the West Indies in Pakistan.

Not that anyone should particularly care about my opinion, there are plenty of better writers out there to read.

But for me, this match has only re-affirmed my love for this slightly absurd, but wonderful sport.


I've read many mixed opinions on the 1st test between the two, mostly to do with the pitch, and while yes, I enjoyed that match more than I would if it every batsman got a ton, there was something....missing...in that match.  Can quite put my finger on what I think is missing, but for me, something was.

While this match looks like it's headed to a Pakistan victory, it's certainly been an interesting one.

Wickets.

Runs.

Taufeeq Umar's first ton in 8 years, which is crazy to think about.

And while Pakistan is in control, who knows what'll happen.  Maybe the West Indies can bat out the day and win the series.

I have a soft spot for both teams, and cannot wait to see the conclusion of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment