Thursday, May 5, 2011

More One Day Interzzzzzz

I sit here on my laptop with a window of Cricinfo's live text of the last ODI between the West Indies and Pakistan, and can't help but wonder why.  I could easily find live video of the match, but I'm perfectly content reading about it.

Every sport has its meaningless games, but it cricket it's just...different.

Cricket has the World Cup and the World Twenty20, so to play an overabundance of those matches during series, seems kinda absurd to me. 

I understand, different countries have different loves, as far as forms of the game go, but to me, test match cricket seems like the pinacle of the sport.  Do the West Indies and Pakistan really have to play a 5th ODI, considering that they're only going to play 2 tests.

Australia and England played 7(!) ODIs after the biggest test series of all.  Now by the time The Ashes were over, I was an Aussie supporter, and was I happy to see them win? Yes, of course, but that still didn't overshadow the fact that they got boatraced in the tests.

By all means, play ODIs and Twenty20s, don't get rid of them.  But the amount that they play seems mindnumbing at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment