Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Something About Morne XI

Sometimes I picture what it would be like to play test cricket.  Considering that I'm 19 and have never picked up a cricket bat or ball in my life, I'd say my chances are none to, well, none.

Which leads me to imagine myself as a selector. Listen, I know it's strange, but they're my dreams dammit.

So, here is the team I would pick to represent the fictional country of Something About Morne. 




The Something About Morne XI

  1. Chris Gayle
  2. Virender Sehwag
  3. Hashim Amla
  4. Ross Taylor(Vice Captain)
  5. Michael Hussey
  6. Andrew Flintoff
  7. Adam Gilchrist(wk, Captain)
  8. Shane Warne
  9. Brett Lee
  10. Shane Bond
  11. Chris Martin
Gayle and Sehwag: I've got enough batting in the order, than I can afford those two coming out and having a part at the crease.  And really why the hell not?  And in Twenty20? DROOL.

Amla: His beard alone would get him in the team.  The perfect foil to go with which ever one of Gayle And Sehwag doesn't go crazy.

Taylor: From his Twitter, he seems like a pretty cool guy, and for some reason, I have a big softspot for him.

Hussey: Watching him save several Australian innings during the Ashes has made me a fan of his for life. 

Flintoff: Being a new Australian fan, can't say I'm a fan of the English, but I just can't help but love Freddie.  Guy is a warrior, and earned more than my respect.

Gilchrist: Yup.

Warne: I can't pick any other spinner but him.  It's heresy not to, really.

Lee: Believe I've mentioned something about him before.

Bond: Another one I've written about before.  Loved watching his run up and motion, when not injured, he's fantastic.

Martin: Just for his bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment